Hi Ed,

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:34:01 -0700, Bruce Dayton wrote:

>Ed,
>
>I hope that you are not looking at an MZ-3 to improve your AF
>capabilities over your PZ-1p.  I'm not sure there is a significant
>difference.  The MZ-3 has a wider area but the AF motor is not as
>fast.  Perhaps you should ask the list if you will get enough
>performance difference between the MZ-3 and the PZ-1p to see if it is
>even worth buying at all.
>
>I, for one, was not aware that you already had a PZ-1p.  From my
>handling of the MZ-5n and the PZ-1p, I'm not so sure you would be
>happy with the change unless you are looking for a very lightweight
>body.

I have to agree with Bruce here, owning both a Z1 (not even a Z-1p)
and an MZ-3 I find that for fast AF the Z1 is superior.

The MZ-3 can be more accurate sometimes, but that depends a lot
on the lenses used and subject pattern and such ...

I do use the MZ-3 a lot with the 77mm and 31mm lenses mainly
because it is a very light body. (feels like half the Z1 :-)

Regards, JvW
Jan van Wijk;   http://www.dfsee.com/gallery