From: Cotty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 3:16 AM
To: Pentax List
Subject: RE: Pentax WILL (most likely) show a digital SLR at Photokina!

Hi Dave,

At the time Pentax announced they were scrapping plans for the 6MP
full-frame DSLR, they also announced that they would be working on a
lesser-specced DSLR along the lines of the (then) Canon D30. I have an AP
with this info in the news pages somewhere, unless it's one of the ones I
took to Norway for Jostein <g>. In any event, the press release will be
available on the web somewhere. Pal will no doubt have link to it or
somebody else.

To reiterate: the official linbe is that they are indeed working on a
DSLR, and this has never been retracted.

Best wishes,

Cotty

Cor, swipe me. He paints with light!
http://www.macads.co.uk/snaps/