I'm an EX canon FD user I find Pentax's backward
compatability the best of all the systems out there.
You only showed us the 3 exceptions and they are the
bottom of the barrel entry level cameras, Nikon and
Canon both do the same with their low end cameras, why
is Pentax being singled out as abandoning backwards
compatability when they have strived so hard to keep
it with only a few ( and expected ) exceptions.