Rob, from my Larousse:

Vedette: patrol boat, scout; star, leading man, leading lady.
Seems definition #2 is what you want, but weren't offered!

BTW, 'lumineaux' is quite definitely "luminous."
They offer no alternate meaning.
Seems to me it fits a description of a 120-300mm f/2.8 quite nicely!

I hope Babelfish doesn't give up it's day job!

keith whaley

Rob Brigham wrote:

> I also assumed the translation or 'vedette' by babelfish to 'high-speed
> motorboat' was incorrect - but I could be wrong, maybe all the
> manufacturers are displaying their wares on speedboats!!!

= snipped =