Perhaps I should have cut out everything except the line I was replying to.
Yes I know that modern cameras, (since at least 1940 something advance the
film and cock the shutter at the same time).  Some allow you to cock the
shutter
without advancing the film to facilitate multiple exposures but that's another
story.

At 04:42 PM 9/19/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>The shutter is cocked either independantly or by movement of the take up
>spools.  It has nothing to do with film advancement unless really old
>cameras do it this way (I would be surprised).  My Zenit E and P30T both
>recock the shutter even if there is no film in them.

<snip>