> The A*85/f1.4 is an amazing lens and whilst the front element is
> large it's not as bad as you might imagine especially if you
> couple it with a straight tubular  Heliopan hood.

By the way, Rob, which model hood do you find works well with the A*
85/1.4?

I personally don't mind using the "stock" hood for this lens - heck,
even the cover for this hood is interesting - <g>.  (And, the way
that the hood, in its soft case, fits over the A* 85/1.4's hard lens
case is just too kewl - <g>.)

http://www.cetussoft.com/pentax/85hood1.jpg
http://www.cetussoft.com/pentax/85hood2.jpg
http://www.cetussoft.com/pentax/85hood3.jpg
http://www.cetussoft.com/pentax/85hood4.jpg

(Please overlook these over-compressed images of such a non-esthetic
topic - <g>.)

Fred