----- Original Message -----
From: "tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 12:52 AM
Subject: RE: Re[2]: SMC Pentax F* Zoom 5,6/250-600

Yes, you gotta love that camera.  I certainly do.

> The funny thing is that the other MZ's (5n in particular) are such
> nice cameras...if the MZ-5n was made of metal people would be freaking
> flipping out. It's basically a highly spec'd early 80's MF camera that
> happens to have AF and is made of plastic. I still love it's
> interface.

I loved the MZ-5n, it was a great camera for sure!

> Another thing...I've dropped it several times but have never broken
> it. Plastic isn't particularly cuddly or inspiring, but it bears an
> impact as well as anything else.

Me too unfortunately.  As a side-not, I did drop the AF-360FGZ from ~5ft
onto a hard floor.  Only thing that happened is the battery compartment
opened and the batteries spilled out.  I put them back in, closed it up,
tested it, and it was fine....no scratches either!   I bring this up because
I've heard a lot about the AF500FTZ breaking.

I'm really hoping Pentax does not pursue a DSLR.  Then people will bitch and
moan and threaten to switch and leave the list.  It should make for some
interesting emails.

Brad Dobo