> How about making manual focus only versions? I heard they make them in
Leica
> mount, why not KA?

I could be wrong, but I think the Leica mount version was meant for the
Japanese market mainly where people like to collect unique items, useful or
not. Even Ricoh made a 28/2.8 in Leica mount after the success of the
original GR-1. KA mount market is different where most KA mount users aren't
willing to pay the premium for high quality lenses. Besides, was the sound
really so annoying to warrant a set of manual focus version? I consider
myself a very picky person and never noticed it was a concern, until someone
raised the issue here (I still don't think its an issue to me). As far as I
am concerned, the focus windows frames peeled themselves off the FA* lenses
is a very real issue, stupid and annoying design. I am certian Pal could
tell you guys more.  :(

regards,
Alan Chan