On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Jan van Wijk wrote:
> >Is there anything faster than an f 1.0 lens? I seem to remember
> >reading of Stanley Kubrick commisioning the build of an f 0.8 lens for
> >Barry Lyndon, but for actual still photo work?
> There is an f 0.9 lens for canon I think, but that is an old prototype AFAIK

Started looking into it.. it was an f 0.7 lens made by Zeiss for NASA, and
modified by Kubrick for film use.

Unsure if it was for 16mm or 35mm film, and also what focal length it was.
Said it was twice as fast as any lens before it.

--
http://www.infotainment.org
         "The destructive character is cheerful."  - Walter Benjamin