----- Original Message -----
From: Brad Dobo
Subject: Re: Digital robustness.

batteries.  At least
> the
> > N**** D1 does.  An acquaintance of mine somehow borrowed one
from N**** to
> do
> > Papparazzi (sp?) shots at the recent Toronto Film Festival.
He was
> telling me
> > that he ~always~ had to have an extra set of batteries with
him, because
> they
> > often wouldn't last a day's shooting.  Mind you, they are
rechargable, but
> even
> > so, they're expensive - like around $400 Cdn!
>
> That would turn me off of DSLRs if that proves true in the
future.

My little Canon DigitoyCam uses a fairly robust litioum ion
battery that was originaly designed for camcorder use. As long
as I stay away from using the LCD screen (which is pretty
useless anyway), the battery life is several hundred exposures.
Batteries for it are about CAN$100.00.

William Robb