Hi Cotty,
Thanks for taking the time to write another review, which I am
always looking forward to (even if I'm not mentioned).
It's an interesting analogy to compare the Painted Hills to
shaved cheeks. They do look like that from a distance,
with their smoothly curved surface.
But from very close, the surface actually has a texture of puffed popcorn.
In the springtime there are supposed to be yellow wildflowers
blooming, but there weren't many this year due to the dry weather
in Oregon. Thanks again for your kind words.
Harald
Washington state

Cotty wrote:
Painted Hills
Harold Rust
Fascinating hills, they look so smooth, like freshly shaved cheeks! Nice
light here for Harold as he returns again to better himself. Truly
amazing landscape.