Taka wrote:
> I'm not sure where you got your prices, but I purchased
> an Epson 1660 Photo for $180 at Circuit City a few weeks
> ago....

Hi Taka,

That's the price I saw also, but it doesn't include the optional
transparency adapter necessary for medium- and large-format transparencies
-- an additional $100 option.  However, the standard $180 model will do 35mm
scans out-of-the-box.

> Another one to consider is the 2400....

You're correct about its improved optical resolution (2400 dpi vs. the 1600
dpi of the 1660).  However, I believe the 2400 will not accommodate medium-
and large-format transparencies, which is the only reason I'm considering
upgrading from my current scanner.

Again, thanks for the information, Taka.

Regards,

Bill Peifer
Rochester, NY