Hi all,

I realize this has been discussed in the past, but I need a refresher:
exactly what is the problem with the "yellowing" of the screwmount 50/1.4s?
I take it that this is some kind of problem with the "aging" of the early
multicoating process, but I'd like to know more details, specifically
because I'm thinking of getting a Super-multi-coated 50/1.4 and I'd like to
be able to make a considered judgment when looking at the those ebay
photographs that clearly show the "yellow cast" looking through the lens. Is
that "yellow cast" simply the normal shade of the multicoating, or is it in
effect more or less a yellow filter?

any help here would be appreciated,

and thank you in advance,

Tom