One fear I have (as an amateur) is that film/processing will become much
more expensive but DSLR's will still be $2000.  The problem for the
camera companies to give digital to those whose working system is a
ZX-5n and 4-5 lenses.  They probably won't drop $2K on a DSLR but won't
want a P&S.  In my happier moments I believe that this group might be
big enough, along with the disposable camera folks, to keep film going
as a reasonable price.  I could easily believe a scenario, however,
where most pros and consumers abandoning film.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450