If you want a black Limited lens, you can order one from this shop in
Brighton, England:

http://www.camera-direct.com/other.asp

The black Limiteds will cost a little more than the silver ones, but you
can get one.  The prices shown on the website include the 17.5% VAT,
which a US purchaser would not have to pay.  When I contacted them a few
months ago, they told me they could even get a Japanese dealer to stamp
the warranty card, so that it would be covered in the US.

Michael Cross