In a message dated 10/9/02 11:57:27 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Hey ladies, gentleman and old-farts :),

Another email to get away from digital :)

I had a wierd thought.  (I know, setting myself up for a stupid joke :))  I

was thinking about why the major camera manufacturers don't release a VHS

tape series (or DVD) on how to use *their* camera.  It may not be the same

as yours, but it's pretty general all around.  A good 4-8 course on basic

usage, with different available accessories, can not only teach you some

photography and (ie Pentax's system) specifically deal with said system.

Moreover, what a great way to advertise the number of accessories available.

Maybe cost a $100.  Maybe I'm very wrong here, but wouldn't that be

something that people buying entry-level SLRs want?

Ok, so leads me to just one question.  They would (in above) use either the

best new camera (MZ-S?) or the best selling SLR they currently make.  So,

the question is does anyone *know* what is the best seller OR (Yes Bruce we

are going to guess) care to offer their choice/opinion of a best seller?

Brad Dobo >>
Pentax did exactly that with the PZ1. I have a copy of the video. I also have
a copy of an older Pentax video along the same lines that I think was
available during the LX era..... It is pretty basic but it's ok..
Vic