A friend of mine damaged the filter ring on his 70-210 Tamron F2.8 zoom.
Tamron wanted a fortune to fix it so he took it to a machinist who fixed it
for, I think, 20 bucks.
Vic

In a message dated 10/18/02 2:58:53 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< For Sale:

K30 f2.8   US$160 which includes postage by airmail anywhere in the world.

Excellent glass, excellent mechanicals, and mostly excellent finish EXCEPT

for a ding on the top of the lens barrel which has damaged the filter ring,

so filters will not mount. This may be fixable, but as I don't often use

filters I haven't tried. There is a very slight amount of wear evident on

the aperture ring.