I have this lens, and I love it. Since I have my 24-90mm Pentax, I seem to be
using it more for Macro only, and less for general stuff. I can recommend it.
For portraiture, it could be too sharp according to a lot of peoples
opinions. I did notice one thing that is a bit less: flare. It is possible to
notice that. I didnt' do a side by side comparison with a Pentax SMC lens,
should do that some time.

Before I bought this lens, I have read lens tests of macro offerings of Pentax
(100mm) , and Tamron, Tokina and Sigma (90mm). The differences are really
minimal. I like the fact that is goes to 1:1 without any additional rings.

--
Frits Wüthrich