Message text written by INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Herb,

I threw my 820 in the trash recently.  When it worked, it produced
great photos - but the heads would clog easily and I used lots of ink
to try to clear them.  One real downside to Epson is that the heads
are not user replaceable.  One bad clog and it's back to Epson to get
it fixed.  When you only pay $100 in the first place, it isn't even
worth it to get fixed.  The 820 followed an Epson 785 thrown in the
trash for the same problem.  Both inexpensive to purchase, both poor
quality materials.<

that is a problem that i used to run into with the 600 i had. i have not
had such problems with my 1270, but i also print at least a couple of times
a week on it, so the heads never sit idle that long. a well known nature
photographer in the area prints to silver halide paper only when a client
demands it. otherwise, he uses and sells exhibition prints from his Epson
Professional wide format printer. a couple of others in the area use other
brands of printers for digital output and seldom use ordinary photographic
enlargment anymore. the reason is simply that once you have tweaked an
image to the point where you are certain it is a good as you can get, you
can deliver it consistently. for photographers selling fine art prints, the
consistency is really crucial.

Herb.....