Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:awrobinson@;cox.net]
Sendt: 24. oktober 2002 21:37
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Inexpensive flash recommendation

I'm looking for flash with these characteristics to use with my ZX-L:

1. TTL
2. Autofocus assist (the red spot beam from another thread)
3. Under $50 US

I thought I had found such a flash with the Vivitar 728. However, when it
arrived from B&H, the manual noted that the autofocus assist works only with
Canon and Nikon cameras. I tested the flash and found the auto focus assist
does not completely not work with my Pentax, but the results were close
enough to make the manual correct. (How's that for a terrible sentence.)

The reason I'm looking for a cheap flash is that I've put a real flash, the
Pentax AF 500 FTZ, on my Christmas wish list. Right now, I'm debating with
myself on returning the Vivitar. I could probably justify its cost as a
relatively light weight fill-flash for outdoor events like Mardi Gras.
However, if I could find a flash that met ALL my criteria, I would return
the Vivitar and buy the other one.

I've looked around on the web, but haven't found anything. On eBay, someone
is selling a lot of Sakar flashes that claim to have TTL and auto focus
assist capbilities. I have never heard of Sakar before, so I'm suspicious
even at those prices.

Does anyone know any flash models that would meet my criteria?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson