Shaun,

My PZ-1 died at a wet pig roast.  I didn't get the camera wet really, but
some drops combined with the humidity of a steaming pig put it out of
commission.  Electronics controlling the autofocus got a mind of their own
and the lens began to hunt whenever the camera was powered up!  Pentax
Colorado fixed it under warranty, but were sooooo sloooow.
You might consider taking a backup body you were willing to sacrifice along
with the LX.

Regards,  Bob S.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I may have a z-1p by then to take (I just sold my
 z-1), but I worry about electronics and water a lot. Particularly when
 sudden cloudbursts are 'de rigueur'. >>