The AF 50mm f/1.8 is a very good lens. I'm not familiar with the N50, so I'd recommend that you check carefully to see which AF lens models are compatible with it.

Len
---

From: "tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "pdml" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: OT: Nikon 50's
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:53:28 -0400

My sister has a N50 (I think) with some crappy zoom lens. I want to
get her a 50.

- Do the older non-af 50's work on this camera?
- IS the AF 50/1.8 optically ok? I know it's got pretty crappy build
quality, but if the optics are ok and close-focusing is good it might
be the ticket.

I know this isn't exactly the place for this post, but I know some of
you have experience with Nikon, and I didn't want to have to subscribe
to that crappy Nikon list.

tv

Broadband? Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp