On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Rob Studdert wrote:
> I applaud the concept however over the five years I've been here it's
> been suggested quite a few times before and hasn't been seen through.

Yes, but how many of those five years have I been here, willing to write
the first version in a vain attempt to avoid real thought and life?

Bingo!

> The problem is that it is really only useful if it's all encompassing.

Understood.

However, I don't think we need all encompassing, as too much makes for a
giant, unweidly mess.

> Many areas of your initial list are covered in detail under various
> pages about the web, take Boz's for example, how do you condense that?

I don't need to condense that. I'll link to that, as its a wonderful
resource and can't be compared to. However, while that DOES have a "best
body" option, it doesn't have a "best body for beginners" or a "why teh
K1000 is overrated, and you should buy a ME Super." It also doesn't
address the "which is the best/preferred long zoom / mid zoom / etc." It
just has raw facts.

> For an idea of the amount of work that is required to generate a
> useful FAQ for a far more limited (equipment selection wise) camera
> system check Andrews excellent Leica FAQ at:
> http://www.nemeng.com/leica/index.shtml

But, I wrote a fascinating FAQ all about myself at
http://www.infotainment.org, also, if you search you can find the original
alt.fan.torok.urine-soaked-rags usenet FAQ I wrote (which, honestly, I
don't even remember). I'm a FAQQING machine, maaaan!

Again, I'll check the Leica FAQ, but I don't plan to have an all
encompassing resource. I plan on having a resource that'll goto new list
members and their most generic questions, "what zoom lens should I buy"
and the like.