But in my case, parts were not the problem. My MX jammed and they charged me AUD180 for it. That guy rapid fire my MX when I picked it up and it was ok. When I walked out of the door, it jammed again. The 2nd time I was back for the same reason, he said I must did something to it and gave me a rather unfriendly look (was he ever?). Twice he spent less than 5mins to free the jammed mechanism. So, 5mins x 3 = AU180? The case was gone unsolved. Very unhappy.

Another incidence was he stripped down mt MDA and didn't assemble it properly. The MDA was left there for many days and he did nothing until I had to visit them again. Parts were missing and wires were not soldered properly. I had to go upstairs and purchased the parts myself. And by the time I was waiting for him to assemble the MDA, he spent most of his time chating with his fellow and kept me waiting.

Perhaps it was just me, but that old fellow was never been friendly or willing to help me out as I could see. A waste of time as far as I concerned. If I were still living in Australia, my Pentax might be sold long ago. My Nikon equipments were much better supported there.

regards,
Alan Chan

Jeez Alan, I think we've all been down this little road before too. C.R
Kennedy's are excellent as far as I am concerned, and I have never had
reason to complain. I also have had cameras they could not fix, but that was
because parts were no longer available. They are only an agent, not the
manufacturer. A couple of the service technicians at CRK were shipped off to
Japan many moons ago to learn how to do LX's properly, so that is why I am
happy to recommend them. I think you will find others (i.e. Rob Studdert)
equally happy to recommend CRK for what I originally commented on.

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp