Welcome to the list. I'm not an Angelino, but I do spend a few months a
year there on business, so I've done some camera shopping in the city. I
was going to say Samy's on Fairfax, but I see it's already on your list.
They occasionally have a Pentax rep visit, usually in conjunction with
one of their promotional events. I bought a couple of used Pentax lenses
from them before I discovered ebay. We do have a couple of full time LA
residents, so perhaps you'll get a better answer.
Paul Stenquist