Brad,

Just so you know, in the old days, TTL was kind of poor.  The reason
was that flash synch speed was always used automatically by the
camera's program setting.  This generally meant that your flash
pictures ended up with the subject well lit but the background
somewhat blacked out.  In more recent years, Pentax, among others, has
changed the program so that it will try to use the slowest hand
holdable shutter speed it can based on the focal length of the lens
attached.  By doing this, you let in as much ambient light as possible
and use as little flash as possible to get a properly exposed image.
The net result is that the backgrounds are not blacked out, but appear
more natural and less like a flash picture.  This is a good thing. You
had to kind of manually do that on the old SuperProgram body because
it always wanted to set the camera to 1/125 even though you had a
fairly wide angle lens on that could of been held at 1/30.

Hope this makes sense.

Bruce