When I was crossing a stream once with my dog by hopping rock to rock, he jumped right into a stagnant area of coagulated foam, thinking it was solid earth. He was quite surprised (and angry) to find himself underwater. Now, THAT's stupid. (Even smart dogs like my Cardigan Welsh Corgi are pretty dumb.)

Incidentally, I found the original metaphor about skimming stupid extremely easy to understand and somewhat funny - I don't know what the problem is. You guys seem pretty dumb.

RSW

Absolutely! In Richmond, near the bridge, I've seen some of that foam on my
Sunday morning strolls. It certainly looks like stupid. Very unpalatable.

Dr E D F Williams