John,
     You're right the 135mm has more reach, but it is also a bit slower.  The
M-100mm f2.8 is a bit smaller and faster, so it's easier to focus and hold
steady.  There is a bigger K-100mm f2.8 but they are more rare.
     The M-135/3.5 is an old favorite and dirt cheap for the quality it
provides.  You won't go wrong with it!
Regards,  Bob S.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< After a 30 year absence from photography I'm back and re starting almost
where I left off-fully manual.Only this time with Pentax,the K1000.
 I am having great fun with my two M series lenses,28/3.5 and 50/1.4, my 50/2
will be passed on, I think. My question is,"how different is the M135/3.5
from the 100/2.8 for pulling in ,more distant subjects"? I have no interest
in doing portraits at this time-just more reach for candids.
 Best,
 John >>