> I kept well away from any further water spray for the rest of the visit.
> I am now considering my options for shooting with a digi near water in
> the future. I think a flexible spray-proof housing is a very good idea.
> If I were a sports photog (which I am not) shooting salt-water sailing or
> power boating, I would consider a full water-proof housing mandatory for
> a digi, or shoot with film (ah, the LX, sniff).

Indeed. For me a digital body will be an additional - you know what would be
cool though - if Pentax launched an APS SLR at the same time so we could all
carry a cheap film body (taking APS film) with the same focal lengths as the
digital...

But then I'd end up spending loads of money and carrying four Pentaxes
(35mm, digital P&S, digital SLR, APS), and that'd be scary.