I don't remember what happened exactly, but my Super A/Program with MDA had the same problem many years ago. I remember everything was ok again when the camera was cleaned & lubricated, or was it the MDA? Sorry I can't be more helpful.

regards,
Alan Chan

I bought a used Pentax Super A two months ago, took
one roll of pictures with it, and it seems to work
fine.  I just bought a MEII winder from ebay and it is
not working with the Super A.  I don't have another
body that can use the winder and I am trying to
determine if it is the camera or the winder that has a
problem.

When I push the winder button without attaching the
winder to the camera, the winder light comes on and
the coupler spins.  With the camera in the ready
position (winded and turn on), pushing the winder at
the single frame setting would take a picture, but
does not wind to the next frame.  Pressing the winder
button again and the winder would only able to wind a
portion of a frame.  Repeating pressing the winder
button would not advance the frame further.

I took the winder off the camera and took a look at
the coupler on the camera's bottom.  I am guessing the
the coupler should spin freely until it reaches the
next frame, but I am unable to turn it.  I winded the
camera a few times manually and observe that, the
coupler on the camera would spin following the winding
lever.  For example, when I use my thumb to push the
winding lever to the right, the coupler would spin
clockwise (with the bottom of the camera facing me).
When I return the winding lever back to the ready
position, the coupler would spin counterclockwise.
Would someone please check if this is normal?  Since
the winder coupler only spins in one direction,
shouldn't the camera's coupler also spin in one
direction only?  Please help me to diagnose whether
the problem is with the winder or the camera.

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp