Artur,
The best way to make this is to go all manual and use a meter usable with flash. Then you set the flash at the camera to do a normal exposure at your aperture and film speed, then the AF500FTZ( with umbrella) which is mounted as a studio flash on one side, to be 1 to 1.5 stops over the "normal" camera mounted flash. But the best way as I mention is fully manual and the use of a meter is the best way to be sure to get that picture done. The reflector is not that much necesary if you are in a 2 flash set up, unless you want to highlight something or to help setup contrast, more or less depending what effect you want.
Bute test test test! Have fun!

Angel Ramos
Arecibo, Puerto Rico

Artur Ledóchowski wrote:

Hi,
Recently I decided to make use of my AF500FTZ as a "studio" flash. I want to
take a few shots of my wife. I plan to set up the lighting as following:
- the AF500FTZ mounted on a tripod, in the Manual and Slave modes, its head
turned backwards firing into a silver umbrella - all on one side of the
model
- the Sunpack MZ440AF mounted on my Z-1p in of course the TTL (what else:))
mode, its head up bouncing the light from the ceiling
- a small silver reflector on the other side of the model
- the distance between the model and the AF500FTZ set-up is about 2 m, which
means that the appropriate flash settings (according to the manual and my
calculations) are: 1/4 of power, zoom at 28mm
- the film will be B/W
My questions are:
- how big is the light loss due to bouncing the light off the umbrella? how
much more should I open the aperture - 1/2 stop. 1 stop, more?
- how can the flash from the AF500FTZ affect the camera TTL-flash metering
of the burst from the Sunpack? I presume that it may fool the camera making
it underexpose its metering but I want the Pentax flash to be the key light
and the Sunpack to fill the shadows and maybe bounce a little of light off
the ceiling onto the models hair...
TIA
Regards
Artur