> Finally got a chance to play with the LX at night.  Overall, I'm
> pretty impressed with the low light and OTF metering -  I got by
> taking 2 or 3 of each rather than the 8 or so I was doing with the
> k1000 in low light.
> a couple samples are at
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=248862
> I'd appreciate a little input on 1 in particular:
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1091068&size=lg

Mike, I liked three of the four photos.  The "1 in particular" is
the only one that I didn't care much for.

The third one, which is easily overlooked in the thumbnail view, is
actually my favorite - it's not "flashy", but it's understatedly
subtle and quite elegant - a really nice composition in my opinion.
However, the actual star trails were not immediately visible to me -
I had to adjust the gamma value here to bring them out (maybe my
monitor is set too dark)- I only guessed that there ~had~ to be star
trails there since the title of the photo was "Star Trails".  And,
then, I actually prefer ~not~ seeing the star trails - seeing just
the indigo silhouetting the trees at the bottom fading into
blackness made the photo more effective to me - but my taste is only
in my mouth, so don't take what I say with too much significance -
<g>.

OK, gotta get the LX outside tonight - oops, it's supposed to be
overcast tonight - well, maybe tomorrow night...  (<g>)

Fred