> On Wednesday, October 30, 2002, at 12:49  PM, Arnold Stark wrote:
>
> > Please do not hesitate to vote, that is to say: to answer the
> > following 3 questions:
> >
> > 1.) Imagine that you need a k-mount zoom which covers at least the
> > focal lengths 40 to 70mm. Imagine further, that you have more than
> > enough money to spend on such a zoom. Now imagine, that you enter a
> > shop which has plenty of new and used Pentax glass. What are the 3 SMC
> > Pentax zooms (1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice) that you would like to pick
> > most? Pick among these lenses:
> >

> > FA 24-90/f3.5-4.5 IF&AL
>
> > FA*28-70/f2.8 AL
>

> > 3.) If you were dreaming, what would be your ideal (but realistic) SMC
> > Pentax Zoom lens for k-mount, covering at least the 40-70mm range? So
> > far, these lenses have been proposed:
>
> FA 18-36 ltd. any speed
>

> Dan Scott

You folks don't have any imagination! ;-)  Changing lenses is 'old school'
:-)  It's time for a FA* 15-400mm Super Tele-Zoom IS USM ED [IF]  The
sharpness of the sharpest fixed-focal they ever made.   That's your ultra
travel lens.  Now you'll say be realistic.  I am.  It can be done, for a
price... ;-)