I've been waiting for someone to say it, but up to now...I don't think
anyone has.
Be very careful to NOT hesitate in your follow thru motion when you
press the shutter.
I have taught folks to shoot a shotgun at clay pigeons, and a
predominance of all shooters hesitate as they get the expected "sight
picture" while they pull the trigger. They will invariably place the
shot pattern behind the target, because the TARGET didn't hesistate
along with them!  ;^)
Smoothly swing up to and past the moving target, and as it passes your
center of view, press the shutter release button, and continue to
swing past the target...all without a single hesitation.

Before someone catches me at it, I admit shooting clay targets is a
little different, as you have to lead the fast moving target. It takes
time for the shot pattern to reach the area where the target is
heading, so you press the trigger as you pass and swing ahead of the
target's flight path.

A tad more difficult than shooting a moving target with a camera, but
the prinicipal is the same, and so long as you follow thru and don't
hesistate when you press the shutter button, you'll be alright.

Good luck, and as many have said, practice is the ONLY way you'll be
convinced you have the idea right.

keith whaley