Hi all,

After I started gathering the Pentax 5-digit catalog numbers, I have
realized a few things, and since then I have been busy with internal
restructuring of the KMP.

Here are some obeservations and questions:

  - There are multiple numbers for a single lens.  The numbers usually
differ in the last digit: "0" means that the lens was sold with a
carrying case, and "7" means that the carrying case was sold separately.

  - Lenses with different colors have different 5-digit numbers.

  - Some early K lenses had 4-digit catalog numbers.  These four digits
are the same ones that later on got the suffix 0 or 7, to indicate if
there was a case inclused or not.

  - Some 5-digit numbers end in "1" or "5", but I do not have enough of
those to be able to determine their meaning.  Probably it has to do with
the hood or the color of the lenses.

  - What I really want to know is if there are two different catalog
numbers for the same lens with two different names.  For example, are
the catalog number for the "SMC Pentax 1:3.5/15" different from that of
the "SMC Pentax 1:3.5 15mm"?

  - The next KMP release will reflect all these "complications", but it
will take a few more weeks until I get all this straightened out.

More to come later.  Cheers,
Boz

--
     _\\|//_     Imagination is more important than knowledge...
   0(` O-O ')0                                           A. Einstein