TTL is good - awsome?  I will admit that it is very handy.  The one
weakness is that it is measuring reflected light just like a meter -
so you have to be aware of too much dark or too much light subject
matter.  The flash meter doesn't have that problem.  I use manual when
I have the time and TTL when I don't.  But I will agree that having
TTL available is a major improvement of the camera.

Bruce