From: William Robb [mailto:w_robb@;accesscomm.ca]
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 11:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: LX MAcro Question

----- Original Message -----
From: Shaun Canning
Subject: LX MAcro Question

> Hi Gang,
>
> I have discovered to my delight that the LX is a superior
macro photography
> instrument. I am currently using mine with an FA 100mm macro,
and it
> produces some wonderful results. I can only compare this to
the results I
> got with my z-1 and the same lens. The LX produces truly
superior images.
> The z-1 was a great camera, but the LX produces much nicer
macro shots
> (maybe it is all the mirror lock, but I don't think so).
Metering is just a
> non-event with the LX and close-up work. Set too auto and
forget really. (I
> experimented recently with the LX on auto, and then taking
incident readings
> with a Minolta Autometer 4F, and the LX was more accurate on
film).

> My question is for all the LX-brethren out there. What macro
set-up are you
> using with the LX? Do the magni-finders make a significant
difference in
> composing or focusing? What is the single biggest thing you
did too
> advance/improve your macro photography? (apart from a tripod
and cable
> release).

The LX rocks for macro! I just recently aquired a couple of new
viewfinders and other geegaws for the LX. I had been using the
FB-1/FC-1 combination for the longest time, as that was what I
had, but now I also have the FD-1 attachment and FE-1 viewfinder
to choose from. I haven't made up my mind yet about which one I
like better.
I think the biggest improvement you can make to the LX is one of
the brighter focusing screens, especially for macro work.
I am using the A 100mm f/2.8, or the bellows K (I think), and
the Takumar 100mm f/4 bellows lens, or if I want to get really
close, the left side of a Leitz binocular microscope, via the
microscope adaptor K.
I would like to find a camera attachment for the microscope, but
have been unsuccessful so far.
I think the biggest thing I did to improve my macro work was to
buy an LX.

William Robb