On 6 Nov 2002 at 22:21, William Robb wrote:

> The results of my test are quite interesting, as they confirm
> your findings, but do not limit the problem to the new shutter
> style.
> In fact my two old style shuttered cameras were both the best
> and the worst.
> What I did find fascinating is the results when the mirror was
> locked.
> I think this indicates the problem may have something to do with
> the mirror, more so than the shutter.

Mine are all over the place too, I had more problems with my older body. I
can't say that I recall having such experiences in the field. However I'm
normally not at ISO3200/f22/1sec in a dim room and I normally have film loaded.
I'll have to load up with some dodgy film and test again in a real scenario. I
was a little surprised though I must say.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110