Weird, I've never scratched a neg in my enlarger.

Some of my negs do have very fine scratches from whatever, but I can't
generally see them on the prints because I have a diffuse light
source. You're probably using a condensor head, which will often
accentuate any dust or scratch problems.

If the carriers were ok last week, but this week you're seeing a
problem, I'm wondering if you didn't damage them in-between.

How are you storing and handling them? Just taking them in and out of
print file sleeves can introduce fine scratches, generally along the
entire strip. Is this what you're seeing? If it were the carrier, I
would expect shorter scratches.

It couldn't hurt to try the anti-scratch stuff on a crappy neg. Some
folks just use a little nose grease on the non-emulsion side.

--
Thomas Van Veen Photography
www.bigdayphoto.com