On Thursday, November 7, 2002, at 02:33  PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Thank you. These lens polls are really going to help me decide what lenses to buy in the future.

That is, if I stay with the Pentax system. I know it's heresy (or I can already gather that it probably is heresy), but I am not convinced that Pentax lenses are the best. (I've seen quite a few really sharp Canon pics.)

Thanks again, Doe :-)

Not heresy at all. The lenses of whatever system you ultimately choose are going to have an effect on your photos second only to that of your best tool which is, of course, your mind. I chose Pentax because of the two brands of lenses I liked the look of the most (the "look" being the len's signature in the photograph) Pentax was the most affordable. Had I liked the look of Canon or Nikon lenses, I would have purchased either with equal enthusiasm.

You have to go with the tools that give you the look you want, even if your choice isn't the most common.

Dan Scott