The Brotherhood did get to me and am I glad.  Pentax makes two
wonderful MF camera systems.  They are somewhat different - like
comparing MX/LX to PZ-1p/MZ-S.  The 67 system is more manual and
deliberate, especially if you don't get a 67II body.  The lenses are
manual focus and the metering for Pre-67II is full frame averaging.
many use an external meter.  The 645n/ii is much more automated.  It
has autofocus, all metering modes (Center weighted, matrix and spot),
manual, AV, TV and program modes.

So your first step is to decide if you want the old style or new.
There will be proponents on the list for both systems.

If you go with 67 as I did, then I can give you what advice I have
learned from using the system.  I would choose a MLU body, especially
if you are going to do a lot of slow shutter speed pictures.

As to the first lens to get - right now I have a 55/4, 90/2.8, 165/2.8
and 300/4.  The 90 gets used most often and would be considered most
versatile.  It is also a relatively fast lens for MF.  If you add
extension tubes, as I did, then some macro work can be done.  Bear in
mind that with the larger format, DOF with macro becomes a bigger
problem than with 35mm.  If I were doing serious macro work, I would
use my 35mm system instead.  But for getting down to about 1:2, I am
happy with MF.

Overall, I am very glad that I went the 67 route.  Every time I get a
roll back, it reaffirms my decision.

If cost is a big issue, I suspect there are more older 67
bodies/lenses floating around than 645, but I could be wrong.

As to Takumar vs. the newer SMC glass, I don't think it makes much
difference.  If you can get a better price on Takumar specimens, I
wouldn't hesitate to do so.

If you have any other questions, I hope that I can help.

Brother Bruce