On 11 Nov 2002 at 17:08, gfen wrote:

> Is it too much to ask that Vivitar buys Leitz just so I can hear the
> collective howl of a million leicaphiles?

It's Leica Camera AG now, there was a little yelp when the French Hermes
International bought a great chunk a year or so back.

http://www.leica-camera.com/unternehmen/presse/data/01907/index_e.html
"Not for distribution in the United States of America, Canada, Australia or
Japan." :-)

The current boss of Cosina has apparently taken a very personal interest in the
Voigtlander name and product range development and photographers feedback. He
has allowed a lot of development and production to occur that a less involved
boss may not have, fortunately it's all been of great benefit to the company.
Great foresight, not like Pentax.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA