I recently joined the list and have been watching your messages fly by at
light speed.  I figure now would be a good time to introduce myself.

I'm a photography enthusiast who recently started working toward an arts
degree, majoring in fine art/b&w.  I've had a camera around my neck for
the past three years and am hoping to one day be able to make a living in
the darkroom.  hey, I can dream, right?

anyways, I'm happy to find a community of what seems to be like-minded
individuals.

on to my question:  I recently acquired an old, very loved, Pentax ME
Super SE.  the mirror is stuck in the up position and replacing the
batteries hasn't fixed the problem.  I tried to gently dislodge the mirror
and it will move back to the down position, but then it pops right back
up.  neither the shutter release or the film advance lever are
functioning.

any ideas?  the camera was free, so throwing a few bucks at it won't be a
problem, or if there's a way that I (being fairly mechanically adept) can
repair it myself that would be great also.

~sjs

-----> And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
-----> And the stars look very different today