Mike Johnston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>By the way, has everyone seen Phil Askey's Sigma SD-9 review? Really
>fascinating from a technical standpoint.
>
>http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sigmasd9/

I read that yesterday but couldn't post anything because I was having email
problems. Yes, it is fascinating. Much more thorough review than some other
reports I've read and much more favorable. Pretty amazing when you consider
that this is the first generation of the Foveon chip. I forsee improvements
to this technology coming pretty quickly (they need to get the red channel
noise down a bit).

It's looking *very* good for such new technology.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing