On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 05:14  AM, Keith Whaley wrote:

You're right!
The next reasonable spell, I'd be at the realtors, putting my house up
for sale!

Where DO you live, Dan?

keith whaley

Dan Scott wrote:

= snipped =

It's just whatever you've acclimated to. I'm thinking you guys would
drop like flies if you had a month or two of F 100+ weather and green
house humidity. <g> Heck, one March we had a daytime high 113 F. And it
wasn't dry heat, it was soaking wet two feet out the door heat. :-)

Keith,

San Antonio, Texas, USA. About 150 miles away from Mexico. Where the Texas Hill Country meets the Texas Coastal Plain. Cradle of Texas liberty (think the Alamo), nickname is the River City (because of the Riverwalk), Fort Sam Houston (army base, Teddy Roosevelt and the Roughriders, Geronimo), Randolph Field AFB, Lackland AFB, home of USAA (office building is larger than the Pentagon), the Spurs. Economy is based on tourism, and the military bases surrounding San Antonio. I think 5 years out of the last 6 have been in drought conditions. Cost of living is affordable, which is good 'cause wages are poor. I think we still lead the nation in teenage pregnancies.

No good Pentax shops at all.

Dan Scott