Hi,

Just a little tidbit. I was experimenting with a MX mirror mechanism and found
that the mirror can easily be returned to normal after "flicking" the shutter
to achieve pseudo mirror lock.

The aperture stop-down lever is also the mirror flip-up catch therefore if you
gently lower the stop-down lever the mirror will return to normal position and
lock. You can do this with an index finger as long as you keep it out of the
way of the mirror as it comes down, it doesn't flick either, the rate at which
you pull down the lever controls the mirror speed.

Again looking at how the mechanism works I can't see how "flicking" the shutter
to achieve pseudo mirror lock could cause damage to the camera.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110