----- Original Message -----
From: Shaun Canning
Subject: Way OT: RE:My first Ebay!!!

The whole gun thing took of here about 12 or so years ago when
some moron whacked a bunch of women at a technical school in
Montreal. Of course right away the wymmans movement started
shaking the issue like a pack of rabid Jack Russel Terriers and
the feds, in an effort to appear to be doing something useful
decided it could be useful to register guns, confiscate guns,
etc.
The theory is that a disarmed populace is at the mercy of the
authorities, making it all that much easier to form a
dictatorship.
Which is pretty much what Cretin has done.

The real joke, of course is that the whole gun registry process
was supposed to cost taxpayers a couple of million dollars.
So far, it has cost almost a billion (800 million was the last
number I heard), and we have more firearm related crimes now
than 15 years ago.

William Robb

> register them...our governement took them away from us. We had
> register our guns 15 years ago. Now I see it as the first step
in the
> process of taking all our guns away.
>
> It is almost impossible to get a shooters licence in Australia
these
> days. Well not impossible, but bloody hard. Unless you own a
farm, have
> access to a farm, or are a member of a gun club, forget it. I
come from
> the land, but don't really have access to a large enough farm
to shoot
> on anymore.
>
> We are not allowed to own anything semi-automatic, which means
I lost a
> really nice A5 Browning. Not happy....
>
> Friends lost all sorts of things...dozens of rifles and
shotguns. All
> because of the nutter at Port Arthur in Tasmania.
>
> Sporting shooters lost the right to own a variety of guns
because of
> criminals. The stupid part is, now the law abiding citizens
cannot enjoy
> their sport anymore, but there are more firearms related
offences than
> there was before the bans took place.
>
> It was almost worth losing our weapons to see out idiot Prime
Minister
> turn up to a SSAA (Sportin Shooters Assoc Aust)meeting with a
flak
> jacket under his sports coat. The SSAA people were offended
naturally
> enough, the rest of us thought it was hilarious. No one in
their right
> mind would waste a bullet on the inept little prick...
>
> Cheers
>
> Shaun
>
> William Robb wrote:

++++++++