These came to me instead of the list; perhaps the List Admins can add
a "reply-to" header to list traffic?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: gnu not unix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Dec 22, 2006 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Pdns-users] mx failure scenario
To: Augie Schwer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wr
ite:
On 12/21/06, bert hubert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

One thing that looks odd, but is completely legal, is that you have an NS
record pointing to the name of your zone. Conceivably, this might be
confusing PowerDNS, as this is somewhat rare.

That seems to have been the problem, as now the auth. servers don't
return the spurious SOA, that seems to befuddle some resolvers.

Yes, I had the sf.ca.us folk change the NS record that used to be:

wraith.sf.ca.us.        IN   NS     wraith.sf.ca.us.
wraith.sf.ca.us.        IN   A      192.58.220.5

To this:

wraith.sf.ca.us.        IN   NS     wraith.wraith.sf.ca.us.
wraith.wraith.sf.ca.us. IN   A      192.58.220.5

And lo, email From All Over began to flow to me.

I'm not even sure how to write that bug report because it is so weird:

PowerDNS returns spurious SOA record when queried for a subodmain with
glue that points to itself?

Augie Schwer    -    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    -    http://schwer.us

Thanks for the suggestion about changing the NS record,
so far things look ok.

../Steven

--
Augie Schwer    -    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    -    http://schwer.us