An update:

I installed it on my ldap master too, but it doesn't seem to be sending NOTIFY as well.

(All servers are CentOS 5.5 with openldap 2.3.43.el5_5.2-12-x86_64 and latest versions of powerdns available.)

Changing the SOA serial doesn't seem to trigger any NOTIFY to NS Servers defined for the zone.

Also, I see no sign of logging anywhere...

It's as if the configuration statement included in slapd.conf is accepted, but never doing something.

Any hint?

Nick