Hi Kenneth,

Sorry for the (slightly) delayed reply.

Your arguments are valid; I hope that LDAP PDNS community can find a way to cooperate to at least succeed in maintaining the LDAP backend (even without adding much new functionality - as DNSSEC -, at this stage). I have earlier mentioned that I am eager to do testing and contribute in any way I can, but, unfortunately, I currently don't have the expertise to do programming at this level.

Does anyone here have enough expertise (with programming and code development management) and a little time to take the lead in providing fixes for the few known bugs / important missing features of the LDAP backend? [A quick list: Issue 313 (associated with 317) for which there is already a proposal; issue 323 (which is the same with 260 as I later found); issue 318 (on which a discussion was made here: http://www.mail-archive.com/pdns-users@mailman.powerdns.com/msg03357.html and I am confident that a solution can be found). ]

I am afraid that we can't address professional services; we are a small non-profit organization with a very tiny budget and a totally different field of work.

As a final note, I would like to repeat that I believe the PowerDNS LDAP backend is an important asset for the whole project, offering a much more viable solution than other DNS/LDAP software (which mainly don't offer native/mainstream LDAP support) and it would be a pity to become outdated/unsupported.

I hope this thread can trigger some activity on this matter (that's why I changed the subject).

All the best,
Nick